Boost your immune system. The immune system is a host defense system comprising many biological structures and processes within your organism that protects you against disease. Having a strong immune system is always critical to your health.
“It’s important to maintain a strong immune system so that you can fight viruses”
There is basic steps to boost your immune system:
- Don’t smoke.
- Eat a healthy diet high in fruits and vegetables.
- Boost your vitamins and minerals intake.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Exercise regularly.
- Limit alcohol drink to very moderate.
- Get adequate sleep.
- Minimized stress.
- Avoid infection, wash your hands frequently and cook your meats thoroughly.
How to boost your immune system?
Get enough sleep
Adults needs between 7 to 8 hours sleep, children between 9 to 10 hours.
Low and moderate intensity exercise naturally lowers cortisol levels.
As a result, it will helps with immune-system function.
Recommendations: exercise for at least 30 mins per day.
Minimized your stress
Stress increase your cortisol level as well as cytokines which gives more harm to your body.
Always looks at think positively, there is no problem without a solution!
Sittings and just breathing deeply 10 seconds in, 10 seconds out will reduce your stress.
Try meditation is a great tool to reduce stress.
Increase your good bacteria
Fermented food such as Yogurt, Sauerkraut, Miso, Kimchi are rich in Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium probiotics and help support your microbiome.
It helps to support the good bacteria that live in your body, which help to fight bad bacteria or viruses.
Vitamins and Minerals
Vitamins that are critical for immune function include vitamins A, C, D, and E. Zinc, selenium, and magnesium are minerals that your immune system needs to function at its best.
Eat fruits and vegetables in a wide array of colors. They will provide the best mix of protective antioxidants to boost overall health and immunity.
- Leafy greens
And other brightly colored fruits and vegetables.
What to eat?
- Fruits and vegetables in a wide array of colors.
- Garlic, onion, red onion, gingers, lemon/lime oranges (included peels)
- Turmeric & black pepper (to eat together), green tea, black tea, honey.
- Whole grain, oatmeal
- Healthy fat: fatty fish, virgin olive oil, MCT or virgin coconut oil, coconut whole milk, avocado, pork fat, duck fat, gee, peanuts butter or any kind of nuts.
- Vitamin D: butter, egg yolk “yes, eat the whole eggs for extra protein”, fish eggs or salmon, lard “pork fat, bacon will do the trick and it’s good”
- Vitamin A: chicken liver, fish oil, fermented cod liver oil.
- Vitamin C: homemade Sauerkraut, orange, lemon, lime.
- Zinc: pumpkins seeds
- Probiotics: Greek yogurt, Sauerkraut, miso, kimchi, fermented pickles.
- Natural sugar: honey, sugar cane juice, coconut sugar “eat it with moderation”
- Apple cider vinegar
- Organic supplements (multi-vitamin, fermented cod oil, minerals concentrate drops, Organic MCT oil)
Homemade beef bone broth or chicken soup with carrots, celery, and other veggies can also be a boost to your immune system.
What to avoid?
- Fried food
- Sugar, sugary sodas, sugar drink, Sugar is the biggest poison ever invented.
- Processed food (potato chips, instant noodles, processed cheese, processed oil…).
I will stop there as most supermarket’s food is processed foods.
The best way to know what not to eat is: “What didn’t exist in your grand-ma time, don’t eat it!”
Stay Healthy, Stay Safe!
#kravmagabangkok #kravmaga #self-defense #T3 #T3Thailand #t3thailand #teamtacticaltraining #immunesystem